You can dramatically improve your English listening starting now if you are serious! You can learn English in the shower. Think of how much time you spend in the shower. That can be FREE English time, fun and so easy. The shower is just the beginning.
How? Surround yourself with English. You can do this even if you are not in an English-speaking country. Decide that you will use all those spare 5-10 minutes moments in the day to listen to English.
Are you studying English in England, the USA, Australia, or another English-speaking country? Do you spend the short breaks between English lessons texting, emailing, or speaking in your language? What about breakfast, lunch and dinner time? After dinner? If the answer is ‘yes’, then you are not serious.
You are just learning English for fun and you don’t care how long it takes. That’s okay if that’s what you prefer. If you want to email or Skype your family and friends every day, that’s fine, but if you really, really want to improve quickly, you need to change these habits that are holding you back.
Check out these links to wonderful sites that provide FREE videos and podcasts, including the excellent site www.elllo.org. They provide topics for all levels of English learners. Get serious and you will notice a big difference in just a few weeks.
- When you are in the shower, you can listen on your mobile/cell phone.
- While you are sitting on the bus or train, put on your headphones and listen to a podcast or watch a video. Most of them have transcripts so you can read while you are listening.
- When you are waiting for someone or are in a queue at the supermarket, listen to a podcast.
- At school or Uni, listen to podcasts in your breaks. Forget chatting in your language! That’s the best way to confuse your brain. If you don’t have someone to chat to in English, put on your headphones.
- The beauty of podcasts is that you can listen to them anywhere, any time, for just a few minutes if that is all the time you have.
- You can subscribe and have new podcasts emailed to you weekly.
Do you have one minute now? Are you serious? Click here for One Minute English, on any device, for a video with the transcript.
Do you have three minutes to try one of my suggestions? Click here for a 3 minute podcast about the Mexican holiday of The Day of the Dead.
For a lot more advice, click on this post from Real Life English:
Get serious about learning English. You will feel so good when you can see your improvement. Good luck!
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠