Here’s another video that I hope you’ll enjoy. It has accurate subtitles and the narrator speaks with a clear British accent.
Listening to videos like this is easy English practice. I know that studying a language can be hard work so you need to find a way to enjoy it whenever possible. That’s why I recommend songs and short videos so much. How hard is it to listen to and watch a 3-minute video? If you enjoy this one, have a look at their other videos. As the name suggests, “Vocabulary in Chunks” focuses on teaching groups of English words together. This is the best way to learn new vocabulary.
If you don’t understand some of the ‘chunks’, don’t translate single words. Translate the whole chunk and you will get a better explanation. First, try to work out the meanings from the context and the visuals. Enjoy!
[Loescher Editore Video]
Vocabulary chunks to learn from video :
- One of the oldest pubs in the UK.
- Over a thousand years ago
- The word pub is short for a public house.
- In other words a house open to everybody to meet
- Pubs need a license to sell alcoholic drinks
- To young people under 18
- UNIT 2
- Full of ornaments and curios objects.
- Pubs, sell wine, soft drinks and naturally different types of beer
- The beer is served in half pints or pints
- An ideal place to relax and chat
- Whether you stand or sit at a table and read
- Traditional British dishes such as fish and chips
Pingback: 3 Minute English #7 – English Pubs — Mary’s English Blog – Online English Learning Boutique
Thiis is a great post
Thank you Henry. I’m glad that you enjoyed it!